One of the greatest truths you’d learn from scriptures is that our mind can be renewed. If you’ve studied successful people, you would have realized that everytime they desire a change, they invest in knowledge to renew their mindset. They never depend on what’s already on their mind to produce something better than what they already have.
That’s actually a mistake many people and even organizations make, they brainstorm when they should go for mind renewal. Apostle Paul clearly reveals this to us in Romans chapter 12, let’s see how scriptures put it:
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Did you see that? The moment your life begins to conform or respond to the social and economic pressures of this world, then your mindset needs renewal. Apostle Paul could have easily said that it’s your uncle from the village that is responsible for the challenges in your life, but no, he knows that even though your uncle might truly be responsible, renewing your mind can deal with that.
So instead of allowing the challenges to put you under pressure, locate books that addresses your situation and books that can guide you to where you want to be, and read. The more you read, the more enlightened you become. The more enlightened you become, the lesser those challenges become. For instance, as believers, we are seated far above principalities and powers, but it would seem as though you and the devil are on the same level if you don’t renew your mind by the word of God. The more you study and learn about your authority, the more insignificant the devil becomes to you.
I heard the story of a man of God who was hearing weird noises from his parlour while he was in his room upstairs. They didn’t have electricity that time so he took his lamp and went straight to the parlour. According to him, he saw a creature with horns swinging his chair back and forth. One would think that he’d start a warfare prayer immediately, but to my amazement, he simply said, “Oh Satan, I didn’t know it was you”. He said that and went back to bed. Yes, he went back to bed ignoring that devil. The mind of that man must have been so renewed that he didn’t consider the devil worthy of a battle.
Be sincere, if you were in that man’s shoes, what would you have done at that point? By the time you consider your children that he may go and eat up in their room, or the havoc he could easily wreck in your house, I’m sure you would have finished the anointing oil and the blood of Jesus that night😂. You see, our actions in times of challenges speaks alot concerning how renewed our minds are. What seems to be a night long prayer vigil for one person may not even be a prayer point for another.
Brainstorming is good, but it’s not the best approach when progression and advancement is needed. We’re told in scriptures that the labour of the foolish wearies everyone because he doesn’t know how to get to the city. So you are where you are because you don’t know how to get to the next level. If that’s the case, all you need to do is find someone who is already where you want to be and learn from their materials. It’s faster to learn how than to brainstorm.
There’s nothing like brainstorming in the bible, you meditate on the word till the Holy Spirit illuminates it. So if there’s no scripture in the picture, you can’t claim to be meditating. You also should not expect to be inspired by the Holy Spirit.
So, to change your results or get better results, do these four things;
1. Select your area of focus. For example, finance, marriage, or business. Perhaps you want to do better in any of those areas. Choose one at a time. A double minded person will always be unstable in all his ways. You can’t be seeking breakthrough in marriage and business at the same time. If your eyes is not single, your whole body will not be full of light.
2. Concentrate. Prov 22:17 says, “Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge”. Concentrate on studying and listening to messages in that area. Listen to or read wise counsel from people who have already gotten what you need. Don’t mix knowledge, concentrate on information that tackles increase in business or increase in finances as your case may apply. Faith comes by hearing and understanding.
3. Meditate. Proverbs 22:18 says, “For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips”. If you keep the knowledge you’re getting in your heart, it will be fitted to your lips, which means the knowledge you receive will influence your confession.
The reason why you need to meditate is so that your mind can be renewed. Once your mind is renewed, you’d experience the transformation you seek. Once your mind is renewed, your heart will abound with good things. And it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.
4. Confession. This is the first stage of the creative process. Proverbs 12:14 says, “A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth… “. You may not see the change yet, but start confessing it. Your meditation has already fitted the right words in your lips, and as you confess those words, the change you seek will commence.
I hope this has brought enlightenment to someone.
Remain ever blessed, in Jesus precious name!